A fool proof pasta dough method that will have you creating pasta magic in your kitchen in no time!
350g '00' flour
50g semola rimacinata flour
- Please read all the information above plus step-by-step photos.
- Mix the flours together in a bowl then tip it out onto your bench. Create a well in the centre of the flour mound, I use the bottom of a bowl to do this so it is nice and firm.
- Tip the eggs into the well and start to whisk them with a fork, breaking up the yolks and gradually incorporating the flour from around the sides into the middle.
- Keep doing this until the mixture in the middle is thick enough that it won’t escape or run out – a scrambled egg consistency!
- Go in with a bench scraper and start to fold it all together, cutting the egg mixture into the flour in an up and down motion. You are just trying to get a really evenly incorporated shaggy mixture.
- Bring it all together into a mound with your hands. Knead the mixture for a few minutes until it comes together into a workable ball. It will – don’t fear! If it feels dry you can wet your hands and keep kneading.
- When it comes together and has a slightly dimpled surface wrap it in cling film and rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes knead for a further 3 - 4 minutes until you have a nice smooth dough ball. The double rest is key!
- Wrap tightly and rest for at least 30 mins but I prefer an hour or up to three.
- Please check out my rolling guide in images above!
- You can use 400g '00' flour if you wish
- If the dough feels dry at any stage, wet your hands with water and knead
- Prep Time: 1 hour